Saturday, July 12, 2008

Va Va Voom Hair

I was originally planning to wear my hair half up, and half down like this (apparently a very popular look for knottie brides, evidenced by the number of bios in which this pic appears):


But after seeing my epics (and determining that I REALLY hate my jawline) I think all down is the best way to go.

We're aiming for a "modern vintage" look for the whole affair, and my dress is rather 40's-esque glam, so I'm thinking something like a modern take on screen siren Veronica Lake might be in order:


Flipping through the most recent Martha Stewart Weddings issue while waiting for the ever-late 1 train I discovered these looks. I think they would go perfectly w/ our "vintage modern" wedding, and with my vintage-inspired mermaid gown.














(pics courtesy of Simone Carvallie and Piccione)

I absolutely LOVE the glam 40's curls these looks have. Now I'm off to send an email to Sam Hill at Salon Cherry Bomb to see if this is something he can recreate. Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your jawline!!

I do like these hairstyles, too.

StephCarson

J. said...

I love those looks! And I'm using Sam Hills as well. I might jack those pics.



Jessica

--DeLovely 2009 on theKnot boards