Friday, July 11, 2008

Primp and Pretty, Round II

I think I have officially found a make-up artist.


I had originally thought of booking with Heidi McKenna and had arranged a trial with her. The trial went well; the make-up looked good, but I wasn't entirely thrilled with it. Plus, Heidi used a lot of coppery colors on my lids and apparently I have an allergy to the red dyes in a lot of make-up colors, including coppers - my eyes were entirely swollen the next day (totally NOT Heidi's fault - I had no idea I was allergic to red dyes).

In any case, when we had our recent epic session, my photog recommended that I check out Nancy with Brideface as a possible alternative. I had researched Nancy before, and had concluded that she was probably a tad bit over our price point. That being said, when my photog confided that Nancy was the ONLY person she let touch her own make-up, I decided it was worth at least a trial.

The trial with Nancy went FABULOUSLY. I am VERY fair and matching foundation to my skin is always a challenge. Nancy managed to do it perfectly. And the lashes - oh, my. I have naturally long lashes, but I was still infatuated with the falsies that Nancy applied. If you're on the fence about whether or not they're "necessary," they are! ;) If you want that nice, fluttery look when batting your eyes at your fiance on your wedding day, you'll definitely want these. Just make sure that your MUA uses individual lashes, not strips, and BLACK glue - my photog recently shared that some MUA use white glue to attach the lashes, and it shows irl, and in pics.

Also, Model in a Bottle is a godsend.

My trial was at noon, and I didn't remove the make-up until 11:00 p.m. This stuff is amazing!

Anyway, here are the shots. The first was taken right after we left the trial. The latter two were taken ELEVEN hours later. Were it not for the shine (damn you, oily skin!) and the lack of lip gloss, I could swear they were taken at the same time.




Did I mention how much I loved the false lashes? ;) So watcha think? Wedding worthy?
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: