Sunday, June 29, 2008

Engagment Picture Look

Yipes! It's here! Engagement picture day. I guess I should have posted this weeks ago, but here we are...

When we booked this day w/ our photog months ago, I told myself I had PLENTY of time to find an outfit. But now today is here, and I'm realizing that I (a) don't like any of the shoes I have, and (b) I have no appropriate jewelry. Aackkk!

FI decided he wanted to dress up for the event, so jeans and a cute cami were immediately thrown out of the window. Not to be discouraged, however, I turned this into an excuse to buy a pretty, sexy new dress from Saks. ;)

And here it is:

It's a Herve Leger (forgive the lack of accent marks) and there was the BIGGEST issue with it arriving yesterday. I spent the bulk of the day on the phone with Saks and Fed-ex trying to see precisely where the package was, and finally Fed-Ex had it specially courriered over around 8 p.m. - only 8 hours after it's original guaranteed delivery time.

So... I have the dress - hurray. But I'm not yet sure what shoes I'll be slipping into. I'd like something bright for a nice pop of color, but I'm sorely lacking in the brightly colored shoes department aside from my AWESOME lime green d'orsay peep toes. Those are for the wedding, though. *sigh*

So, I'm off now to look for some shoes (perhaps fuschia?) and perhaps a nice necklace or some earrings. Wish me luck! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I saw your bio on the knot.com (very cool) and I'm not sure how the whole thing works to "page you." I tried, but to no avail. Anyway, I absolutely love your dress and I'm looking for something similiar...beautiful, elegant and classic. Is your dress from the Pnina 2007 collection? Or 2008? I'm wondering if they still have it or something similar. My only problem is that my wedding is in Nov. and I already have a dress, but I don't like it at all. What was your experience at Kleinfelds? Do you think my only option is to purchase from off the rack? Sorry for posting on here. My contact info is mrevelson@aol.com. Thanks!