Sunday, May 18, 2008

First post ever

So I'm new to the whole wedding planning blogging world, but I've been helped tremendously by other brides sharing their planning experiences, so I thought I'd share mine as well.

So far, we have our officiant, ceremony location, reception location (caterer included), videographer, photographer, DJ, and DoC booked. I also purchased a dress about a month ago, so that's another big check off the list. In later posts, I'll probably share some of my experiences about booking and buying all of these.

Coming up, we need to: book a florist, baker, make-up artist, and hair stylist; find a printer for paper products (STDs and invites) - and then make the folders and assemble the invites; arrange for TTD and possible other pics with our photog (our one located in NYC if ours isn't available to travel again); purchase our bands; set up our pre-marriage counseling classes; set up dance lessons; buy our wedding bands; find bridesmaids dresses and groom and groomsmen attire; and so much more.

I know it seems like we've done a lot really early, but (a) we're scheduling an OOT wedding for us. We met in Cincinnati during our 1L year, and the both moved to NYC. Because nearly all of both of our families lives in the Midwest (primarily Ohio) though, we decided it would be best to plan the wedding in Cincinnati - easier for the two of us to fly to Ohio than to make all of our families fly out to NYC; (b) We're both EXTREMELY busy, and wanted to get as much out of the way as early as we could. Joe is a first year associate for a large midtown law firm, so he's actually only home about 10 hours a week that aren't devoted to sleep or work and I'm preparing to take the bar at the end of this summer; (c) okay, I'll admit that I'm a little neurotic when it comes to planning things. But at least then I won't be stressed out over details the day of. ;)

Stay tuned for lots of fun (?) wedding planning escapades.

0 comments: