Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Buff Bride - well, sorta

So I finally did it....

I joined a gym. The increasing tightness of my jeans and the pics of my arms during my latest trip to Kleinfeld's finally convinced me that I needed to start working out. Well, that and the fact that walking up the six flights to our apartment was making me a little winded.

While I'm primarily concerned w/ feeling a bit healthier, I have to admit that looking better in my gown and for our upcoming epics and my *hopefully* upcoming b-pics is also high on my list of priorities.

So I walked into my local, friendly Equinox Gym (yeah, I'm one of those people) and promptly surrendered of a large chunk of cash in exchange for my first and second months membership, and 3 months worth of personal training. And today was my first training session.

After an hour of cardio, weight training, and some uber-painful stretching, Molly finally gave me the okay to leave, with the understanding that I'd be back three times a week for the next few months.

Sexy mermaid gown, here I come! :)

Oh, and if any of you are interested in joining the obsessive-compulsive bridal work-out club (i.e. interest in joining Equinox), I just rec'd another email from them letting me know that they'll waive the outrageously expensive initiation fee (it's the price of 4 months membership!) if you join by May 31st. If so, leave a comment w/ some contact info (this is where that fake email might come in handy) and I'll send you the code.

0 comments: